Who Do You Write For?

I have been writing since high school and reading was one of my main mining site for ideas and creative words. I write as a hobby and read as a passion. I kept writing and reading even knowing that I am heading for a nearby stump and taking months of rest before writing regularly again. Sometimes, weeks pass by when and I still have no idea in my head. Sometimes, I have the idea written down, but too busy with work and play. It is just, I love to write.

Last night, I went to a friend to meet him again after all the months that we haven't talked to each other. We had a lot to catch up on. Until the moment he asked a certain question that made me think.

"You've been writing all this time. When will you get famous?"

A very strong words and question for me. Yes, it is just a simple question, yet it felt, heavy. Despite having good comments for my ideas on my stories on Wattpad, I was left dumbfounded on that question.

Of course, if we are going to see it in this country's perspective, those who write at Wattpad sometimes get their book published. That is their goal. For me, why do I write at Wattpad? Why do I blog? And why I continue writing? Even though looking at the statistics that I have, I barely have a loyal reader. Well, barely is an over statement, I don't have a loyal reader.

But after a sleepless night, I was able to get an answer to his questions.

The Answer

No. My goal isn't to publish a book of my own yet. I write at Wattpad, simply to share the fantasies that are happening on my mind everyday. I blog, because I want to write down my experiences and learning so that other people can see them. I write because it makes me feel so alive and kicking.

When will I get Famous?

I don't know. That is not my goal for now, there are a lot of things that needs my focus and attention. I have a lot of learnings to do. I plan to learn French and German. Hone my Piano skills, read a lot of book and of course, to be a good employee to the company I am working on. Besides, I don't want too much attention. 

So basically, I just write for hobby and passion. A thing that makes my mind at peace. A practice that makes me happy, and an activity that makes me a little bit more of myself.


Who Do you Write For?

Simple, I write not to impress someone, I write because it makes me happy. I write for my myself. Not for someone. It is just that.

Basically, it all ends up that writing online, either continuing my stories or writing to update my blog to share my experiences and tell other kids around my age is what makes me happy. I give love to everyone, not just for me, but for myself.


To be honest, I sometimes think, when will I be famous? Of course, I also want to make my name be trend on Social Media, that is a stigma for being "sociable" online, but as for now, I have many important priorities than being famous. Just being able to write is good enough for me.

How About you? Who do you write For?

0 Comments