Panzer Waltz! Game Review


I love Android games that reminded me of a Anime Artwork every time that I am going to select a game. Well, there are some exceptions like the games of Kairosoft which I also made a quick reaction or review with that. But one of the factors that will make me play a game from a phone is how the game is presented and how the game actually gives something different for players around the world. It's not just about how casually you can play the game, but also the story behind it. And with that, I found a game on which it has been some time that I wish that I could download it on my phone but is only Available only in some areas. Have you heard of a game called Kantai Collection or KanColle for short? It also aired it's anime a few years back and I remembered that I wish that I could have at least played the game.

But since I want to at least play something like that, I found this game on the App Store.


And I must say that I am quite thrilled to download the game, well because, at least, I have something to play with the game that I have also been wanting.

Brief Summary of Panzer Waltz

Step into the shoes of a commander in a war-torn world on the brink of collapse. Panzer Waltz takes place on an alternate Earth where WWII began for different reasons and purposes. After years of fighting, countries begin mechanizing and weaponizing animals. However, accidents happen, and the mechanized beasts escape and revolt. It has been a decade since then… Humanity needs you more than ever now.

Panzer Waltz is an RPG where players take on the role of a commander to recruit, train, and fight with a team of their own choosing. There are over 150 unique characters to recruit, Live2D animations and a cast of brilliant voice talents bring them to life. Improve their arsenal of weapons and armors through the deep technology tree and crafting system. Uncover the mysteries behind Panzer Waltz by playing through the campaign. Constant updates bring new characters to collect as well as new events and exciting features to experience!


Gameplay

So like most games that are now available on the App store, the game is being run by the so-called Stamina right? While Panzer Waltz's Stamina takes up in three form: 1.) G-Milk for the metal maidens you have, 2.) Petrol for the regular missions and finally 3.) Diesel for duels to another player. So basically, you can have as much fun you can have as long you keep in check those three things. The downside is that every item takes too much time to refill. If some other games give 1 energy for every minute just like in Brave Frontier, Which honestly feels a lot long when you wanted to play more but you don't want to pay for those energies that you will be spending.



The basics that are comparable to other games is that you can power up your metal maidens when you have items that they can eat or called metal maiden food. Or they can just eat another medal maiden what you want. But that would be bad especially if you want to collect all those 150 metal maidens like me.



As you know, I am not yet knowledgeable when it comes to military stuff, but I am trying to learn now because there are a lot of terms that I don't know when I played Panzer Waltz. Some of the basic gameplay terms that you can use can be found on their website. It's best that you read their walkthrough or the tutorial so that you won't get lost like me when playing the game, because there will be a lot of military jargons that they have used to make the gameplay feel like you really are a commander of tank ladies that you collect as your harem. Not bad eh?


The main gameplay of the game is quite easy to grasp and not that hard to understand even if you are a newbie in such style of gaming. Like it's peers, it's a turn-based game based on the stats of the metal maidens you have and the factors of winning each round also depends on the stats and equipment your metal maidens that you have for that current skirmish or mission. You don't really have to do anything at all during the battle stage but watch or hit that skip button for you to finish the combat you are in.


Pretty easy right?

Music

Few words are the only thing I can say when I play the game. At first, it sounded really cool as if you really are preparing for the next battle of your game. but as soon as the game progressed on, you will often see yourself turning the music off or sometimes, just mute the music altogether. But what impresses me the most is the Voice Over of the characters. Well, not all Metal Maidens that you will get will have a voice recorded for them, But for the most of the characters have and they all different and distinct personality. But then again, it becomes repetitive by the time you get to the higher level.

Overall, I'll give the sound effect, music and voices of the character a distinct three stars because I believe that there are still a lot to improve on.

Story

I personally enjoy good games with a good story. Thankfully, the storyline of Panzer Waltz isn't that boring and sometimes, you will encounter conversations that will just make sense and well, you might find yourself to like the game because of the story which is a plus point.


The personality of your avatar or you as the commander isn't that just boring either. The commander also initiates conversation with other Metal Maidens and has a good mindset to boot, so that is another plus point for the story.

What I could just see negative is that there are times that the conversation could get dull for one stage and duller for another stage. But luckily, the progress of the story and the different characters that you will encounter saves those dull moments in the story mode.

Overall, Panzer Waltz is a game that you could enjoy during your free time because it doesn't really need you to pay money to enjoy it's potential. Despite the low rating on music, sometimes, what matters most is that you are playing a game that will indulge not just of eye candies in the form of Metal Maidens, but also the story and the progress you will be having as you continue playing.

Recommendation about the game? It's a full yes for me. Try it out and enjoy the world of Panzer Waltz.

0 Comments