People always listen to the artists that are always being funded by different entertainment companies for profit. Let's accept it, they are on the radio or in the television because someone is there backing them up. Not that I don't like them or hate them, it's just that, I find it really common to listen to them.
And yes, I don't listen to them that much, but that doesn't mean I don't know the song. Yes, I listen to mainstream artists for about a week or so, but after that, I change back to indie singers that makes their own music videos on Youtube and such sites. And I am still currently into Youtaite singers since for me, they are much more talented than the ones we see on MTV lately.
Speaking of Youtaite, have you read the my last article about a Utaite? If not, you should check it out on the following link! Feature Yuttaite: Vulkain and Sumashu
Now, let me give you at least three reason on Why I Don't Listen to Mainstream Artists
1.) I Want to Be Different
I want to be the one of my friend who want to have a different taste on music. So I often times check on their playlist on the artists they are listening to. And when they have an artist they are listening to that I also have mine on my playlist, I often times remove that artist on my playlist. It's not that I am not into them, it is just, I want to be different. And for me, different is a good thing.
2.) Same Old Voice
Some artists have been there in the industry for a long time. Like for example, Britney Spears. She's in MTV for a long time now, and the first time I encountered here was when I am at my Grade 1 on elementary years. That is right, She is one of the artists that I knew for a long time now, and when I hear a song with her voice, I just immediately know who the singer is at the very instance her voice is aired.
3.) Too Repetitive
Come on, let us admit this one. The reason why most people wanted to listen to the mainstream music is because their artist keeps repeating the same word to almost the entire song calling it catchy. I am not against it, but preferences told me that I should look for a song or music that tells a creative real story. Not a story whose words are just being kept reused. If you are going to read a book, would you want to read a novel that keeps repeating the same word over and over until the story is finished? You'll get bored easily with it right?
And that is the reason why I don't listen to Mainstream Artists. If you have the same reason, then don't forget to drop down a like button down on this post, if you want to read more, don't forget to click on another story and if you have a friend who has the same reason, then share this post to them.
Wait for the next update! I won't be long.

0 Comments