My Davao Trip in a Nutshell

Despite the heavy and full marked schedules that I had, Luckily, I was able to finish some in advance as well as made preparations for finishing some as I already drafted all the necessary things half-way so that when I returned from Davao, I will just have to finish them in a cinch.

I was away from the congested city of Metro Manila with my co-workers from the new employment that I have. We were on a trip to Davao to experience relaxation from our very taxing line of work. With that said, I was also wondering as to the truth behind the people say that Davao was a really peaceful town. And was fortunate enough that the said trip was to Davao. And well, this is my experience overall.

1.) Davao has a Wide Assortment of Durian Sweets

Durian must be one of the most delicious fruit that I have ever tasted. Appearance-wise, it might not be the most delectable one, and it has a strong odor, but like what they have said, don't Judge the book by how it looked right?


I tasted a lot of Durian delicacies that Metro Manila has to offer, despite its expensive cost. But when I visited Davao, I could say, 100%, that Davao's Durian is one of the sweetest and flavorful ever! With that being said, if you always see and eat Durian a lot, you might get sick of it afterwards. But overall, Davao is a paradise if you wanted to try different legit Durian sweets.

2.) People Really Do Have Discipline

Lazada PhilippinesWhen they said that People on Davao don't smoke and spit on Public, then what they were saying was true! There are no cigarette butts on the street, and there are no people that I saw, were spitting something from their mouth on the streets. There were designated areas for smoking, that you could hardly see because it was a limited spot for the public.

Traffic will always be there in every street, but seeing the streets a lot than seeing the lobby of the hotel where we stayed, I observed that drivers really do follow the speed limit even though there were no police of traffic enforcers to keep watch all day. Really different here from the Metro Manila drivers. But of course, there will always be people who lacked discipline because as what I saw, there are drivers that would gridlock just because there is a heavy traffic congestion on their side. But it was a minor flaw from what I saw.


3.) Davao Likes to Serve Good Food

Davao was also good with food, as far as I am concerned. With all the places that I ate with the limited time, we had, almost all the food that the place offered us was good. They had this aromatic and delicious barbeque house, wich I think has a lot of franchise around the city.

A photo posted by Jerwel De Perio (@rianel_lewrej) on




They also had stores that serve a wide assortment of ice creams and sweets that could help you stave off the summer heat in the tropics. and I what I liked, is that they serve good seafood that will help you crave less for pork and beef.


Overall, I will visit Davao the next time if fate permits it. But as of now, I have to save money for my return trip to the City and explore more of what Davao has to offer more from this experience and knowledge seeking guy. 

0 Comments