Why most Students Do Not Join School Organizations


For the four years I am active on my local school organization, I have been thinking why most students do not want to join Student organizations when It brings multiple benefits to them! But when I asked those people who joined and quit, or had some interest but didn't continue, I was surprised by how they answered me by all honesty and I summarized their answers and come up with these answers.


1.) To Avoid Commitment

Being a active member of an organization means hard work, sleepless nights, and a really tight schedule that may not be open to that DVD marathon session your friends are planning to have with you or having date with your boyfriend/girlfriend. Apparently, I found out that they are sometimes too lazy to add an additional commitment besides from studying, surfing the social media sites and shopping.


2.) Afraid of Having a Responsibility

Though we all have responsibility as a person, most of the student today feels like they would die or would feel helpless when they receive such a responsibility that they have little knowledge about or even is knowledgeable enough to do the work. Since Responsibility is a choice, most students choose not to get involved as not to take pain of being blamed when his work ends up as a failure. Maybe most students are just afraid isn't it?


3.) Inferiority Complex

One of the most common answers that students answered me when I asked them, "Why did you stop being active on our organization?" This is where I end up surprised when they answered me, "There are a lot more people better than me at that organization and here on school." Having the so called Inferiority Complex is quiet troublesome as humans have the ability to grow and develop their selves into one superior being.


4.) No Time

Well, for me, I guess this is one of the most common reason why most students don't join student Organizations. They don't want to shorten their siesta to something that they would sweat around and work with. I don't know why they seems to be busy at all times when all they do is to go around and talk and I can't comprehend why they say they have no time. Well, either way, that is what they want and I should respect it.


Well, there will always be different reasons why most students do not join their School's Organization even though there are also reason why joining an organization or club will develop you into a better person. All we need to do is respect the reason of the person and continue to be friend with them.

0 Comments