Cape Bolinao High School Alumni Homecoming 2014


If there are things that could make me happy is seeing my friends again after a long while. And in this year, our high school, which is “Cape Bolinao High School”, celebrates yet it’s another Alumni Homecoming this year. And I decided to join the homecoming of people.

I haven’t seen most of my friend back in high school; well I haven’t talked to them a lot that much every time I’m on Manila for some reason. And this could be one of my chances to see the people that change me and build me into what I am.

First of all, our tradition at celebrating our school’s alumni is to make a shirt for our batch. And oh, did I mention about me graduating in high school last 2010? And yes, it was already four years ago. And so that makes me a graduate of batch 2014. We have white shirt with a print of “Established 2010 Aged to Perfection” at the front and at the back it says “2014 Alumni Homecoming” Ok, so personally, I don’t like the shirt but I don’t hate it either. I was just like, “Meh”, as long as I’m comfortable with it, it’s fine. But I still don’t get the Aged to Perfection thing. It’s not like we are too old now. It’s just been four years since we graduated high school and most of us just graduated college and we are still not old enough. Ok, enough of that.

I didn’t join the parade for a couple of reason, first, it was summer! It’s so hot and you expect my frail body to walk a few kilometres just to show off under the blazing sun? No thank you, but that was too rude of me, but still I joined the parade half way, just to squeeze my time with my friends whom I miss.

And the second is that, I’m too lazy to walk.

I actually had a great time catching up with my friends. I learned that some of my closest friend is already working as a front desk on an international airport, though I forgot the name, and one had just graduated as Magna Cum Laude on Far Eastern University as a Tourism graduate and few more news about my friends them being an achiever, well, I am not bad myself, but I didn’t tell them that.

I also learned that some of my friends already had a family of their own which made me sad and happy for them at the same time. Happy because, they have something to take care and make them happy, and sad, because, looking at them, I think they are not ready yet to be a father or a mother. But that is where they are happy, so I should be happy about them.




Just within four years, and I see majority of us didn't change and some had a huge change of them. The ones I knew that are so jolly turned into somewhat very quiet and those who are silently attending the class are the ones who are booming with laughter. It’s just so nice watching them.


It’ll be another Alumni Homecoming after three or four years after this one, and I am looking forward seeing each other again, and this time, I hope the sun is not too hot at that time.

0 Comments