Happy Day: Ending Up Having Bronze Medal Award

All students persevere to have good grades or just a passing score just to finish their college and get ready to face the real life. And in this time of the year, most students are having a special day of their life. Graduation is when a student finally is free from their responsibility in the schools as they are going to face the life outside of it. It is one of the momentous days for both parents and child since it is the end of their hardships on paying the oh-so-expensive tuition fees as well as the never ending assignments, quizzes and cannot-understand-teachers.

Of course, with that in mind, I am also going to take this one momentous day sooner or later with a few days in tow before the graduation ceremony. But when I am going to get my toga ( On which a problem with the supplier results I didn't get mine),  I saw on the bulletin board that I am one of those who got a medal as an academic award. I forgot how the school's system is going on about these medal awards which goes on from Gold, Silver and Bronze.

You must be asking as to why I wouldn't know, but to be honest, I am not interested on getting an award and I am not expecting to get one. I just want to have a good and consistent scores that could make my parents proud. I was just focused on getting better both academics and extra-curricular activities.


So it was my Baccalaureate Mass and the Awarding Ceremony for the Academic Awards and Everything was set. Except for something that I didn't expect. I left my toga at my province and it was a six hours drive from Pangasinan to Manila. That was one of the big troubles that I faced, luckily, someone lent me a toga. That is a result not from Attending the practice and the meetings about the graduation.




It started smooth and I received my academic award of bronze medals. I also got cheers from the people that knew me during my stay and I was surprised that they did it. Mom and Dad were with me when I received it and they put it on me with a big smile.

And before the the program ends, the school made us take our medals and awards to give it to our parents and make it wear them. Mom was so surprised when I make her wear the medal that I received. I guess she was just as surprised as me that I at least have got one. Without even studying that much and gets lazy attending school most of the time.


I admit that I was not a good student because I usually skip out a lot of classes when I am sleepy or bored, but still, there are times that I would attend the class even though there were nothing to do. And to add up the stress of being a student, I also have a responsibility of handling the organization as an executive for four years as well as my habit of watching anime first rather than studying for the exam which is more important at that time. But what do you know? I still was able to get a hold of good grades despite all that trials.

Of course, I wouldn't be able to put up a good grades without my parents' motivation about studying and being scolded at the same time every time they would know that I got a failing mark on a quiz. And also our God which gave me such a wonderful parents.

The awarding ceremony ended just as expected, all the students have made their picture taking, me? Me and my family went on a dinner and we made our selves stuffed. Which we pretty much do all the time when there are special occasions such as this one. And that makes my Day four on my 50 Days of Happiness Challenge.


0 Comments