I am an introvert but
that doesn’t mean that I can’t make friends. And I am also a shy person that is
why it is kind of hard to get a new friend to close by. But for now, I am able
to at least break the barrier that I have put up myself a long time ago.
If you don’t know yet, I am an amateur writer on Wattpad and I write mostly of fantasy stories
that I have created during my imagination on siesta times. And one of the
stories that I am currently writing on Wattpad is “Not
Your Ordinary Gangsters” which is also anime inspired.
There are a lot of amateur writer and some are really
good which I could say that they might have a potential to become a great
writer. Since I belong on the Filipino Community on Wattpad, I made a few
friends which, I think, is a great thing.
I made a lot of effort and I actually made a list of
questions that I should ask to know their interest and a follow up set of jokes
to make them like me. For a socially awkward person like me, talking over the
internet can be a little easier than talking personally. I am not much a talker
anyway, but I could express myself well and the only thing that is keeping me
on gaining some friends is I.
There are a lot of different kind of person as expected
on Wattpad with different background and orientation which is I liked because
they are random and I could develop myself speaking to them and trying to
figure them out. But that could be hard, since I have to see their eyes to know
what kind of action or thoughts they are having. Do not mistake me, for having some
super power or ESP ability, which could be great if I had one. It is how I was
trained by different people. They say that we should look in the eyes of the
person we are talking to and we can know whether he/she is telling lies.
Having friends with the people of the same interest as
you can also lead to a deeper friendship because you both can talk about things that makes you happy and you both can learn new things and even refresh your memory with something that the two of you love.
It is quiet easy making friends on different places. You just have to build up the courage to do so. As an introvert, this could be a step to show that I am not anti-social, sometimes, I can have a hard time to talk about things or to initiate the talking, but I am capable of doing it right and earning the trust of the new found friend. May it be on the internet or at school and even on malls.

0 Comments